This post may contain affiliate links. You pay the same and I get a small commission
Snow fell last night and it fell so hard
When I looked out my window
It covered up my yard
I made 10 little snowballs and I put them in a line
One fell off and then there were 9
9 little snowballs I put them on the gate 1 fell off and then there were 8
8 little snowballs I hit 1 up toward heaven. It came down splat! and then there were 7
7 little snowballs I hit 1 with a stick. It broke into pieces and then there were 6
6 little snowballs all lined up side by side. My dog stole 1 and then there were 5
5 little snowballs I took them to the store 1 fell off my sled so then there were 4
4 little snowballs underneath a tree I threw 1 at a monster and then there were 3
3 little snowballs I’ll share them with you. You have one and and I have two
2 little snowballs left out in the sun. 1 melted away and then there was 1
1 little snowballs left all alone, I’ll put it in my pocket and take it home.
1. Have numbers either felt, magnet or wood and have the student hold up the number of snowballs left
2. Make a snowball out of paper and give ten out. Students shoot the snowball in a basket each time you count down.
Built a Snowman
I built a snowman (pretend to build)
Pat, pat, pat (pat in air 3 times)
He turned out great (make Okay sign)
Now clap, clap, clap (clap 3 times)
I put a hat (pretend to put on a hat)
On his head, head, head (touch head 3 times)
I made his mouth (touch mouth)
Gave him bread, bread, bread (touch mouth 3 times)
I patted snow (pat snow)
On his cheeks, cheeks, cheeks (touch cheeks 3 times)
His button eyes are (point to eyes)
Pink, pink, pink (touch eyes three times)
An acorn for his (make a fist)
Nose, nose, nose (touch nose 3 times)
Big black boots (make arms wide)
For his toes, toes, toes (touch toes 3 times)
1. Talk about rhyming words and review the ones in the song.
2. Have a snowman made out of felt or construction paper and build him as directed in the song.
3. Talk about the sequence of events and have the children tell you what was 1st, 2nd, etc. . .